Sunday, December 23, 2007

"When will Waiting for the ONE be done?"

I blame Valentines Day……Hundreds upon Hundreds of cards all decrying YOU’RE the one. Just imagine the hundreds of hundreds of wrenching late night phone calls all over this ONE idea. And its not just with love. Its seems that we are always looking for that ONE thing to make our lives complete. That job, that chance, that family…


As I sat in my stripped pjs, and a cosmo on my side with one tear rolling down my cheek, I couldn’t help but wonder…“When will waiting for the one be over?”


We always wonder if we made the right choice in life. Should we have gone with these pink shoes for the night? Should we have gone with the green dress instead? Should we have tipped that server a little more? Should we have binged on that bar of Toblerone?
I began to think….
Why Are we always “should-ing” all overselves?


I was having just one of those moments earlier today as I sat eating my lunch all alone in my fantastic Atlanta studio flat….Did I make the right decision? YES, I DID..of course! The guy was a psycho emotional abuser…or was he? Or is it just me?


I am SO fucked up! I am SO fucked up! I always thought that when the right guy came along, all my bullshit would go away, and the words would come right out and he would be the one that stuck…He would be the one that I would dance all my dances with….
He would be the one who I would always wake up with every morning and know that I am the luckiest girl on earth, and I have obviously made the right choice…


But instead, who am I? An almost 21 year old with nothing but a bunch of failed relationships….
Its not like I don’t have suitors, or pursuers asking my hand in marriage, or even just sex….
You know why? Because as my best girl Lucky says: “You are FIERCE!”

I am someone who is looking for love. Real love, ridiculous, inconvenient, consuming, cant live without each other love…

3 comments:

Luis said...

Oh my dear FIERCE friend Umair... your post had me ROARING with laughter!

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Umair said...

hahaha..im glad ya did....
and wait, who deleted their post?

Is there a way to find who wrote what? now im really curious. lol